Many people these days are suffering from facial problems and one that is very common is acne. Acne usually starts to appear in the face in the teen years until adulthood and if one is not careful, it may leave annoying facial scars. Many of those who have suffered acne have undergone all sorts of treatment and one that is very effective is eating alkaline rich foods.
There are many theories on acne being related to hormones or age but this may need more convincing facts. Health is one of the biggest factors to acne problems. And the alkaline diet may just be the perfect solution to this skin problem by bringing the body back to balance.
The main problem exists in the balance between the acid and alkaline content in the body. Many may not be aware that the real culprit to acne problems is in the foods that one eats – acid-based foods. Acidic foods are those that contain bad elements such as saturated fats, refined sugar and processed foods, the foods that mostly contain these are cakes, burgers, meat, dairy products, chips, bread, pasta, yeast cigarettes, alcohol and even one’s lifestyle like lack of exercise can all contribute to the acid content of one’s body. These foods slowly deteriorate the cells of the body thus causing all sorts of disease and illnesses including acne problems.
Like all the normal functions of the body such as maintaining a certain temperature, the body also maintains a balance between acid and alkaline, and normally the body’s pH level that should be maintained at all times must read between 7.35 to 7.45. If this is not achieved through the foods that we eat, the body sources alkaline minerals from the different cells and organs to maintain that kind of equilibrium which is debilitating for our body . If the food that is consumed is more of the acidic types, the body reacts by neutralizing it, robbing all the minerals the body needs like calcium, potassium and magnesium from the cells and bones of the body. When acids are neutralized it usually turns into yeast thus all sorts of bacteria and microorganisms appear and accumulate in the body.
Once toxins accumulate in the body it can cause all sorts of health related problems and the worst thing is that the lymphatic nodes may get affected causing cancer cells to appear in the intestines and other parts of the body. Acne, rosacea, psoriasis and eczema are only minor problems that are related to the imbalance of acidity and alkalinity in one’s body.
Tips to Avoiding Acne Problems
Problems with the pimples, blackheads and other blemishes caused by acne may be avoided through the following helpful tips that are mainly focused on practicing the alkaline diet.
- Drink lots of water. You’ll require at least 4 liters a day to maintain hydration and energy, drinking water is also an effective way to cleanse the body as it flushes out all toxins naturally and it does not have any negative side effects.
- Eating foods that is rich in Omega-3 is also a good way to start since Omega-3 is not only good for the heart but is also very helpful in providing clear and healthy skin. A good recommendation to get Omega-3 is to use oil supplement like the Udo’s Choice Oil (pictured).
- Eat lots of alkaline based foods; this should at least comprise 70 percent of one’s meal in a day. Remember it is still best to get all the nutrients that the body needs naturally through eating fruits, vegetables, and nuts. Salads are also great to add in the diet this should comprise 30 percent of one’s meal.
- Supplemental products like pH drops, omega oils, alkaline salts and the like are also good to add in the diet to further boost one’s alkalinity.
- Juicing is also an effective way to alkalize body as they are easily absorbed by the body, providing more nutrients like vitamins and minerals. You can mix fruits and vegetables of your choice depending on the availability and your preference. (Editor’s note: – find a wide range of great value books on juicing, like the “Juicing Bible”, pictured by following the link provided to Amazon).
- Avoid acidic foods. As earlier mentioned, acid foods are those that mainly contain bad elements and so one must know how to deal with them and avoid eating all those “junk” foods.
Isabelle Ngin is a renowned author and editor for AlkalineFoods.net sharing useful natural and holistic health information about alkalizing your body. You can also get 6 free alkaline health reports and watch the “6 foods never to eat” video from their website too.